August 19, 2008

What a weekend!

Last weekend, Amy and Travis and their kids came for a three night stay. We had a great time to say the least. We had a fun day shopping in Park City on Friday (despite the many temper tantrums)! Saturday I took my sister to a "cross fit" class (it's a crazy exercise program in Logan that I have been attending) and we barely lived. She thinks that she burned at least 7000 calories :) After we regained consiousness, we did some more shopping at the many stores Logan has to offer - ha ha! Then we took a trip up Providence Canyon for tin foil dinners (a touch on the burnt side - thanks to Crae and Travis) but still tasty. Church was an adventure with six kids, with four that are 4 and under, but we made it through all three hours - with a high need for caffeine when we got home. It was so good to have them come visit and to let all the kids play. Jaycie and Allie were so sad to have to say good bye. Here are some of pictures that were somewhat appropriate to post. (I sure wish the one of Travis imitating the olympic sand volley ball would've turned out!)




Poor Jaycie got a mosquito bite under her eye. It was completely swollen shut for the next two days!

We had a surprise visit from Ariel. She even sang "Ah Ah Ah, Ah Ah Ah,..." (This was Mya's build-a-bear clothes). Nice Amy!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Jenny, this is Jennifer (Price) Pinnock, Natalie's sister. I just started blogging and have been clicking around to see different layouts and stuff. Anyway, I saw yours and read about Crossfit. Derek has been going since May and he loves it and is always saying what a killer it is. I can't believe you go. I think it sounds so crazy. He says watch for his time, he goes everyday at 4:00. You have a cute family. If you want to check out my blog it is djpinnock.blogspot.com

Tanalyn said...

Hi Jenny, I was just doing a little blog stalking and came across yours, (yes, we all do it, or do we?) which is crazy. Looks like you and the fam are doing great! I miss good 'ole Cache Valley and Prov. Canyon. We don't get up there enough...
Looks like you had a great weekend with Travis and Amy and the kids. You'll have to tell Amy "Nice outfit"!!! ha, ha :oO

Dana said...

Cute pics. I don't even know Amy, but I laughed pretty hard at that Ariel pic. We are moving to Orem next weekend to live with Dan's grandparents until our house sells. It will be way less of a commute for Dan from there. We will then move to a suburb of SLC. We are way excited. I want to see you guys before we leave for sure. Are you having a team meeting on Friday? I think we are moving Saturday. Let me know.

Britain and Ben said...

Jenny! It's great to see your sister again! It's been a long time. You are the one in great shape! Two kids and running marathons! I hope I look like you after two kids!!! Oh the wagoneer... good times! I miss those days!