August 20, 2011

Eva Dayle

Our sweet little Eva was born August 2nd at 6:37 p.m. She weighed 6lbs 12oz and was 19 1/2 in long. She has tons of dark brown hair (almost black). Her skin is so perfect. Everyone comments on how pretty she is for a newborn. She has dark eyes that look like they will turn blue. She is so beautiful and we just love her!


I had my 38 week appointment earlier that day (the 2nd). My doctor stripped my membranes, which has put me into labor with my other girls, so I was kind of planning on heading back to the hospital later that night or within a few days. Well, I hadn't been feeling her move as much and just thought it was because she was obviously bigger and it was harder to move around much in there. When I told my doctor this, he put me on the monitor to see how she was doing. Well, after about 45 minutes, he came in and told me that he was concerned because her heartbeat was dropping every time I was having a contraction. So, he sent me right to labor and delivery!!

I was so not prepared for that. I couldn't get a hold of Crae and had no one to watch my other three girls. It all worked out, of course, but it was a little stressful for a little while!

The labor still only lasted about 4 - 5 hours so it wasn't too bad. It was nice to not be in labor during the night! Crae still thought it was so rough on him though! He is such a wimp when it comes to anything involving needles or pain. :)

It was such a relief to get her here and know that she is fine. She did really well during labor, so thankfully I didn't need to have a c-section. When she was born, the doctor held her up against him to suction her, and she peed all down the front of him. We all laughed!

She is so beautiful and we are so happy that she is part of our family!

She already can give a pretty good glare!!

Not sure which one is the baby?



4 comments:

Danelle said...

I see she has Crae's personality...naughty, little peeper! :) She is truly adorable.

Jen said...

What a beautiful baby girl and a beautiful name too! So glad she is here safe and sound.

The Taylor's said...

Jen- Congrats! What a beautiful little girl. I love the name you chose. I'm glad all went well with the delivery. Something about the phrase "stripped my membranes" makes me cringe. Can't wait to see her- she better make an appearance at the friends reunion?

Lyndsey said...

Congrats!! I can't think of a more fun dad of 4 girls!!!