December 29, 2010

Oregon

In October we went up to Oregon to visit Crae's sister Lisa and her family. They moved up there a little over a year ago to live on a ranch. Her husband Wit is a true rancher! They have three boys and they love living up there. We had been told what it was like up there, but until you actually see it with your own eyes, you really won't believe it!!
We laughed about how they live in a "gated" community. You turn off the main highway onto a gravel road, then you turn onto this road - or should I say trail?! It is a three mile drive on this road to Lisa's house. And, I can't forget, you have to stop and open three gates too! (Sorry, these pictures are not in order and kind of random!)
The second gate! We were pulling a camper too, so we had to be extra careful.
The real Cowboy Wit roping a horse to show the kids.
Allie & Jack

This was the last gate we had to open before we got to their house. That is her house in the trees.


Here is the road to Lisa's house! It was like this for 3 miles. We were dying!!
The highlight of the trip was riding horses. Jaycie absolutely loves horses. She even got thrown off, but she got back on and she still loves horses! Thank goodness!

Crae is not much of a horse lover!!

Allie and I went for a ride.

So, in Lisa's house there is this little pink bathroom. According to Crae, the toilet is way too low. So, this was his way of saying that it could be very comfortable! Seriously! We laughed until we were all crying!

Another horse picture. Jaycie loved this horse.

Lily just wanted off!! She has a little of her daddy in her!

Do I even need to explain this one?


Keenan & Jaycie

All the boys spent the entire day building this hut. They had told us about it, but we didn't think much of it. We all had to walk down to see it and it was well worth the walk. We sure were impressed! What creative kids. See what fun you can have even if there is not anywhere to go within 20 miles!! :)


We had a great time. It was such a different vacation that we have ever been on before and my girls loved it. It was nice to have a camper to crash in and for Lily to nap in. And I must say, I have to hand it to Lisa for being such a trooper and so prepared. I think about her every time I am running to the grocery store to grab that one thing I forgot.
Thanks Roath family for letting us come visit!!










1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! Either you posted a bunch recently or I haven't checked your blog in a while :) You guys have been busy! I got a good laugh over some of those pictures of Crae and thought that was pretty typical of the dad's to hog the game. It makes me so sad to hear that your mom is declining. I think of and pray for your amazing family often. I hope 2011 is full of special memories and blessing too!